Maart 2005: Robolympics - San Francisco

Het DRG promoteam komt naar je toe!

Moderator: Moderators

MJM

Maart 2005: Robolympics - San Francisco

Post by MJM » Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:10 pm

Ik ontving de volgende uitnodiging:
Hi there!

I'm president of the Robotics Society of America, and a founding member of the RFL (Robot Fighting League - the US equivilant to the FRA).
Next March, we'll be hosting the second annual "ROBOlympics", which will include fighting robots - as well as about 30 other different robot contests (from robot soccer and sumo to bi-ped races.) Last year we hosted over 600 humans and 400 robots from 11 countries - including the UK and Germany.

I would like to formally invite you guys to compete. It's a two arena combat competition (3 if you include ants), and we'd love to have more non-US contestants. Please considering entering both the combat competitions as well as the non-combat events (34 as of now - but it will grow by at least 3 events within the next 2 weeks.)
Please check out the details at http://robolympics.net and let me know.
Robolypmics 2005 is the last week in March, 2005, held in San Francisco (birthplace to RobotWars.)

We are also hosting the RFL nationals in October of this year: http://botleague.com/2004-nationals-details.asp

I look forward to hearing form you!

-David Calkins, President
Robotics Society of America
Ik heb geen idee wat de financiele mogelijkheden van de organisatie zijn.
Marien
Roboteer
Scraptosaur, Midnight Oil, Lt Lee, Mecha Knights, Rockey, Race Robots, Linefollowers.

WJ

Post by WJ » Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:53 pm

DURE entree, dat soort mogelijkheden hebben ze.

Börge

Post by Börge » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:06 pm

$220,- is inderdaad stevig voor een inschrijvingsgeld. En als ik zo rondkijk op hun site zie ik niet echt aanwijzigingen dat ze reisgeldvergoedingen geven, ze hebben het alleen over korting op transport van robots en goedkopere hotelkamers. Lijkt me dus een heel duur geintje om hieraan mee te doen.
If I ever find my inner child I will shoot it.

MJM

Post by MJM » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:48 pm

Update:
Please join us for Robolympics! We are happy to accept robots from all European countries that comply with FRA build rules - we accept most any frequencies, but please be aware of US FCC regulations. Also - don't forget that we have 40 different events - combat robots as well as many non-combat, and you can of course compete in multiple categories!
Heb ik zojuist ontvangen.
Marien
Roboteer
Scraptosaur, Midnight Oil, Lt Lee, Mecha Knights, Rockey, Race Robots, Linefollowers.

Börge

Post by Börge » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:55 pm

Dat ze bijna alle frequenties accepteren is leuk en aardig, maar 40MHz is gewoon verboden in de VS (zover ik weet tenminste), schijnbaar is dat een politiefrequentie.
If I ever find my inner child I will shoot it.