Belgian Robot Wars?

Het DRG promoteam komt naar je toe!

Moderator: Moderators

Christophee
Contacteer:

Belgian Robot Wars?

Bericht door Christophee »

Hello guys. Some of you may have spoken to ToGa from the Robot Wars Wiki about the Dutch and German series of Robot Wars. I am also from the wiki and I want to find out whether there was ever a Belgian series of Robot Wars.

During the European Championship in Extreme Series 2, Philippa Forrester referred to Philipper 2 as the Belgian champions, but we can find no other evidence of a Belgian series. Was there a separate Belgian Championship or is Philipper 2 regarded as Belgian champion because it was the highest placed Belgian in Dutch Robot Wars?

Any help you can give me is much appreciated. I apologise for writing in English but it's the only language I know so I hope you'll forgive me.
maddox
Contacteer:

Bericht door maddox »

Hi there, as far as I know of, there wasn't a Belgian series.
Philipper earned the Belgian Champion title because it was the first Belgian robot to enter any Robot Wars series.

Robot wars in itself never took off very well here, and it's generous to say that there were maybe 4 or 5 teams in total active in Belgium. Were.

Philipper is retired, and in the best case gathering dust and rust in a shed somewere.

Team Compactory is now, as far it is active, fully Featherweight.

Iceman, just returned to the fold, is reactivating his heavy Hades.

Team Warlocks , in theory "active", is melded in team RRC, what makes it a Dutch/Belgian team.

And that's about it for Belgium.

And no worries, it's not a problem, the language.
Beter nu creperen, dan in de wars repareren.
Mischa

Re: Belgian Robot Wars?

Bericht door Mischa »

Christophee schreef:or is Philipper 2 regarded as Belgian champion because it was the highest placed Belgian in Dutch Robot Wars?
Philliper made it to the grand final in the Dutch series and became seccond, but was therefor the Belgium Champ.
Hoe dan?
Christophee
Contacteer:

Bericht door Christophee »

So there was no separate Belgian series? Were there any other Belgian competitors in the Dutch series other than Philipper and Hard?