Dutch Series 1

Het DRG promoteam komt naar je toe!

Moderator: Moderators

Zenith
Site Admin

Post by Zenith » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:15 pm

Good ol' days ;)

Still hoping to see those series online someday - some heats of the second Dutch series are on Youtube. Great to see those again.

Edwin

Post by Edwin » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:07 pm

It was called robot wars. The pit reporter was done by Christian Möllmann.
It is just a machine!!!

Helloher

Post by Helloher » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:10 pm

I'm also from the wiki, the help and info you've given us has been excellent, thank you very much.

I also have a query. Does anybody have a picture of RCC or Son of Armageddon?

Thanks in advance for any help

Edwin

Post by Edwin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:03 pm

I'm sure Leo will have a picture of RCC.
I could make a screenshot of SoA, but then qualitiy is limited.
It is just a machine!!!

Helloher

Post by Helloher » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:37 pm

A screenshot would be fine.

I don't suppose you have one of Hydrotech as well?

Thanks, Helloher

leo-rcc
Site Admin

Post by leo-rcc » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:05 pm

The pictures I have are not digital. I would need to scan one first.
Mvg,
Leo van Miert
Team RCC website.
Gentlemen, no fighting please. This is, after all, a council of war.

Helloher

Post by Helloher » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:25 pm

That would be fine.

Thanks

RA2

Post by RA2 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:46 pm

Hello everyone, I'm another one of the administrators on the Robot Wars Wiki. Thank you to everyone who has provided us with information on the Dutch and German Robot Wars; we are very grateful for all the help you've given us. My hope is the we might someday gather information on every Robot Wars competitior. I have compiled a list of the robots we are seeking assistance for; any assistance with them would be greatly appreciated.

First, here are the robots that we have nothing for:
Bloody Murder Weapon
Blackdevil Warzone
Cyclone
Dynamite
Hydrotech
Impact
Infinity
Namazu
Pathetica
Pika 2
Sniper
Son of Armageddon
The Black Beast
X-Bot

And here are the list of those who we have pictures of but need stats and information for:
Amok
Botwork
Elmower
Enderbot
Flextreme
Maximum Torque
Project 1
Junkyard Queen
Lethal Swan
Pyramid of Chaos
Rat
RCC
Sater
Trazmaniac

Thank you again to everyone who has helped us thus far.

On side note, I made a replica of the robot Project 2: Hex 'em, and was hoping to show it to the builders of the original Project 2. Do they frequent these forums? If so, here is a video I made of my Project 2 replica laying waste to some UK competitors:
Last edited by RA2 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

flex

Post by flex » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:17 am

Flextreme

BNN RW series 1.
Team Flextreme
Robot: Flextreme (Heavyweight: 100.5kg)
Team captain: Niels Schotten
Members: Wim schotten (father); Babeth van Son (Belgium, partner of Mario from Project One)
tracked robot. powerd by 240W-24VDC wheelchair motors, tracks come from SKF-Flexlink confeyor chains (Sponsored!).
Weapon: circular metal saw powerd by the same type motor-reductor as the drive system.
Armour: 8mm Polycarbonate. Top sides joined by 2 2mm stainless 'angle iron' (folded sheet steel) in a in an upside down trapiziodal shape ( \=/ ).
powerd by 2 big (old) Yuasa SLA bateries.
Speedo's: 3x Kees/Mythras 70amp speedo's & interface, 40Mhz.

We livend the bot up by adding some keychain fishes inside the bot, and a frog on top, to help keep the link guard plate inplace. Making it look like a fishtank/pond.

Lost the first battle. Lost the second battle also. both judge's decisions. both of which i'm not happy with. First battle i had clearance isseus combined wiwth traction problems. added screw head to the tracks to improve clearance and traction, which helped quite a lot.

Any info i missed?
Niels Schotten
DRG Arena marshall & Judge

"Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now."
Every once in a while you need to take your foot out of your mouth and up against your rear to kick our ass in to gear...

RA2

Post by RA2 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:58 am

Excellent. Thank you.

Do you perchance have Flextreme's dimensions? We like to include them if they're known.

If you would like to add any other remarks about your robot or its battles, I can include them on the robot's page.

Also, I noticed you've listed your robot's weight as being 100.5 kg. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get away with being a half-kilogram overweight?

Thanks for your help.

wisefire

Post by wisefire » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:50 am

Heheh, wait until i gathered all my stats and pics for you, amok was 107 kg. Lol we got away with it because they didnt have anyone else, during the second season, there were quite a lot of robots which werent completely finished when we arrived in england. In the end it all worked out, but they were a bit scared that they didnt have enough competitors, so they put all the available bots in the game, and sabotaged the ones they didnt like.. Well they did with mine, anyway.. ;-)

ill up my stats soon, And i got a nice pic for ya where amok is hanging about currently.
[img]http://www.esnips.com/images/emoticons/medal.gif[/img]Competitor 2nd Dutch Robotwars.
Bots:
Amok---Malice---Havoc

maddox

Post by maddox » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:20 am

Project II Hex'm is currently mummified and awaiting resurection.

The catacombs of Castle Black are her tomb.

Her stats.

Drive, 1 Bosch 750 GPA, extensively modified @ 36V 3*7Ah Kobe SLA, with a Big Mythras speed current limited to 75A. Epicyclic geartrain 6-1 on an 180mm HDPE wheel covered in the softest mud tire for a motorcross bike.(this drive was killed by ourselfs in a playfight against TAN)

Steering motor. Truck wiper motor with bronze gear replacing the plastic one (thanks to Kos, Tough As Nails), controled by a Curtis on loan from Woody (Unslought)

RC, Multiplex Commander 2020 40MHz with plug in joystick buddybox for weapon activation.

Steel box section chassis 40*20*2mm covered in compound armor of 12 mm HDPE+ .8mm paper (the artwork, original airbrush done by Perre) with a top layer of 4mm Polycarbonate.

2 1.1 Kg CO2 bottles feeding a Woody 3/2 1/2 bsp FP valve controling a 70*125 mm ram ( the sister of the ram in Sater II, and now joined with that one in 1 machine)

Lack of testing killed that machine during the second Dutch series.

2 of the 3 builders frequent this forum. Babeth and Maddox (me)

Enderbot, builders Don Kwast and Richard Jansens.
2*240W Wheelchair motors, home build speedo's 5 Ah 24V Hawker Cyclone batteries. 400mm HDPE wheels- (the wheels from TAN are an advanced version of these)

Twin parallelogram frame from 30*30*3 box section, joined with a 80*40*4 box section.
Armor. Polycarbonate and rubber floor mix.
Weapon, hammer driven by a modified SMC rotary actuator 270° stroke, 2-3 reduction gearing for 180mm stroke. 2 600gram Paintball bottles and heavy Gloor regulator kept the CO2 flowing.

As far as I know, the drive is now used as a part in a special effect, a dragon called Aureus ,a character in the LARP event "Arcana".

(I post this as the builders don't frequent this forum).
Beter nu creperen, dan in de wars repareren.

RA2

Post by RA2 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:40 pm

Thank you maddox, that's some really good info. Do you have the dimensions of the completed robots? (Height, Length, and Width)? Also, was Project 2 capable of throwing another robot out of the arena?

maddox

Post by maddox » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:02 pm

Project II/ Hex'em was 850mm wide at front and a total lenght of 860mm.
Hight was 460mm at the flipper arm pivot.

In theory the machine should be able to achieve OOTA's as a 70mm bore ram has almost 2 tons of force.

And sorry, can't remember the Enderbot dimensions.
Beter nu creperen, dan in de wars repareren.

RA2

Post by RA2 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:09 pm

Oh, and do you have the weight of Project 2?

I should have been clearer before; the "stats" that I'm looking for are:

Weight
Dimensions (Height*Length*Width)
Power
Team Members
Weaponry
Battle Summaries
And any additional remarks you would like to add.

Thanks.