Dutch Series 1

Het DRG promoteam komt naar je toe!

Moderator: Moderators

Christophee

Post by Christophee » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:06 pm

I have a quick question. I know that the second BNN series was broadcast on Nederland 2 from June 16th to July 21st, 2003 but can anybody confirm whether the first series was broadcast on the same channel? Also, it would be great if somebody had the broadcast dates for the first series, but that's probably quite unlikely.

leo-rcc
Site Admin

Post by leo-rcc » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:32 pm

Both series were on BNN. I don't know the dates and times.
Mvg,
Leo van Miert
Team RCC website.
Gentlemen, no fighting please. This is, after all, a council of war.

Christophee

Post by Christophee » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:46 pm

I'm actually a little confused about BNN. Is it a separate TV channel or does it just produce programmes which are broadcast on one of the NPO channels? What I've read on Wikipedia makes it seem like the latter is true.

I got the broadcast details from http://www.robkamphues.nl/tv/robotwars/index.html. Are these the original broadcast dates or are they repeats on a different channel?

Christophee

Post by Christophee » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:50 pm

Also, Leo, do you have any pictures of Blackdevil Warzone that we can use on the wiki? We're really struggling to find a good one.

MJM

Post by MJM » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:10 pm

We have public channels on which several different organisation can show their tv programms. BNN is one of these organisations (which need to have paying members to be allowed to broadcast).
I'm sure those times are not correct. They changed a couple of times before and during the actual broadcastig period.
Marien
Roboteer
Scraptosaur, Midnight Oil, Lt Lee, Mecha Knights, Rockey, Race Robots, Linefollowers.

leo-rcc
Site Admin

Post by leo-rcc » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:20 pm

Christophee wrote:Also, Leo, do you have any pictures of Blackdevil Warzone that we can use on the wiki? We're really struggling to find a good one.
That's because we don't have a good one either. It went from fabrication pretty much untested and freshly painted straight into the crate and in the UK straight into the arena. The paint was still wet when it did it's first fight.
Mvg,
Leo van Miert
Team RCC website.
Gentlemen, no fighting please. This is, after all, a council of war.

Christophee

Post by Christophee » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:58 pm

MJM wrote:We have public channels on which several different organisation can show their tv programms. BNN is one of these organisations (which need to have paying members to be allowed to broadcast).
I'm sure those times are not correct. They changed a couple of times before and during the actual broadcastig period.
So the series was broadcast on Nederland 2 by BNN? Is that accurate or am I still not understanding the concept?

I found some slightly conflicting dates on Impact's site here: http://www.plugenplay.nl/index2.htm, so now I'm really confused about when each episode was broadcast. Does this mean that the first episode was shown three times or am I misunderstanding what it says? I assume the other episodes were then shown every week after that until the series finished on July 28th. I hope that's all correct.

maddox

Post by maddox » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:33 pm

You're not mistaken, the first episode was shown multiple times.

It caused a serious row on the BNN forum- robot wars pages.
Beter nu creperen, dan in de wars repareren.

MJM

Post by MJM » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:31 pm

I think the times on Impacts site are right. And you've got the concept of public tv.
Marien
Roboteer
Scraptosaur, Midnight Oil, Lt Lee, Mecha Knights, Rockey, Race Robots, Linefollowers.

WJ

Post by WJ » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:35 pm

Both dutch wars 1&2 will be available digitally in the near future, I'm going to have them copied to dvd :)

Christophee

Post by Christophee » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:34 pm

WJ wrote:Both dutch wars 1&2 will be available digitally in the near future, I'm going to have them copied to dvd :)
That's excellent news. I look forward to watching them.

Sorry everyone for the annoying questions and thank you very much for all of your answers. You've been a great help.

maddox

Post by maddox » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:09 pm

I don't see any annoying questions. Only blasts from the past.

Christophee

Re: Dutch Series 1

Post by Christophee » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:27 pm

Hello again everyone. I'm sorry to reactivate an old topic, but I have a question that I hope someone will be able to answer.

I have just been watching Dutch Series 1 on YouTube, but I'm struggling to work out Pathetica's team name. It sounds like they mention their team name here: but I can't work out what it is. Does anybody know?

Christophee

Post by Christophee » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:34 pm

Another quick question. Could anybody tell me how the selections for the Dutch Series worked? I gather that there was a selection day in Eindhoven for Series 1, but what actually happened there and how were robots chosen? Was it the same process for Series 2?

maddox

Post by maddox » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:39 pm

Selection was simple. Anything that possibly could drive and was in weight was accepted. Not many went home dissappointed actualy.